Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Madness

March came and went so quickly and with my laptop out of commission it was a month off-line, which in our home means that I only checked my email once a day on Cam's computer and limited myself to watching Lost online once a week :)
Anywho here's a quick recap of March:
-Another trip to Utah to visit grammy, highlights included a visit to park city, my mumbai birthday celebration with dinner at Bombay House followed by Slumdog Millionaire (Cam's boycotting the film due to NPR's unending adoration of it, so it was just Mom, Ev and I, and along with NPR I highly recommend it), a wonderful lunch with Sue, her g-ma and Amber at Pizzeria 712 (fun fact of the lunch, sue's g-ma gave birth to two of her children on her kitchen table while living in Iran, crazy crazy), being able to run outside in the nice warm Utah weather (warm being anything over 30), and finally a bizarre but ultimately fun trip to my highschool to give a talk about my artwork to Mr. Rees class.
-Mac now has two teeth, his first ear infection and is crawling all over the place bumping into things, yet in spite of all this he is more fun than ever and can always bring a smile to our faces.
- Cam started his new job at NextIT and is loving it so far. He has discovered an unending flow of comedy at this new job due to the bizarre things that people type into Sargent Star on goarmy.com. We also finished out the city league volleyball season with his former co-workers at VESI and made it all the way to the final game before coming up short, however upon discovering that we still received tshirts we were pretty overjoyed.
-I had a great bday lunch with all my sisters-in-law at subway. I believe we set some sort of record by sitting in the little place for at least 3 hours, but the time flew by with good conversation and no kids!
-And finally I officially decided not to enroll this fall in the masters of architecture program at WSU. It was a very tough decision and one that I really didn't want to make. For the past few weeks I've been a big mess trying to figure out how to make this work and once I admitted to myself that there just wasn't time in the day to do it all (at this point at least, perhaps I'll try again in a few years) I felt infinitely more calm about things. And I owe a big thank you to Cam for supporting me through all of this self-inflicted mayhem. And as a gift to Cam now that this crazy chapter is over I've decided to detox our lives of financial stress by taking control of our finances via the dave ramsey system, wish us luck :)

Cam and Mac downtown after a nice lunch.

Mac enjoying his first taste of spring.

Ah the joys of teething crackers. And the joys of munching on small rocks.
Grammy introducing a third generation to the wonderful world of gellatto.
Mac was endlessly fascinated by grammy's cat.
Ah Utah mountains!
And finally nothing better than strolling along while munching on your toe.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great time in Park City. I also loved Slumdog Millionaire. It definitely deserved all the press and awards it received. Next time you are in Utah, stop by Salt Lake for an hour. And congrats on the decision to defer the Master's Program. Here's to enjoying a slower, more peaceful life, cheers!

Nicole Hansen said...

I miss you guys already! I think I need to plan a trip to Spokane; May 26th is far too long to wait!

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

Okay. Mac looks just like his momma. Your mom looks fabulous as usual. And who isn't fascinated with your moms cats...they are huuuuuge! Is mooshie still around? That cat was enormous!

Lenette said...

Good to hear from you. We miss you guys a ton! Carp ward is definitely lacking without you there. Mac is getting so big, and so cute. We were pleasantly surprised when we realized that Mason's initials are MAC. :) So maybe we'll end up calling him Mac too...anyway, I'm glad all is going well for you and the weather is warming up. I really hope you make it to carp for a camping trip because we'd love to see you again!

nathalia said...

Good luck in taking care of the finances! Try Mint.com. We love it. I keep telling my Marc that I'll do so once I graduate.

And as for turning down grad school - I'm so glad you're at peace with your decision! Now that Madeleine is growing up it's getting harder to study and she's too much fun to play with that I hardly give enough time to my classes. I'm just lucky that I have only one more class and the rest is dissertation that I can do at home/at night. If it weren't so, I think I'd want to quit and play with Madeleine alllll the time! So yay for your decision!