Saturday, June 27, 2009

Art, etc.

My first show in Spokane just opened up at the Transit Authority building downtown. It was a mad rush to get everything up but I love the space and it feels nice to finally engage with the art community here in Spokane. Here' a link to more photos: www.daniellehatch.com/2009/trapped

I showed my MFA Thesis work along with my new work, "Trapped".


My great friend Emily helped me install it all in one morning, no easy task considering all the ironing that was involved. However the installation gave us a few ideas for performance pieces we'd like to do in the future that involve ironing in public places.

And finally a few pics of Mac and I during one of our daily trips to the park.










2 comments:

Nicole Hansen said...

The refuge of "My Childville" is paired nicely with the menacing, golden man-traps. I love your amazing, funky work! And most of all, I love you!

Ashley said...

Great pictures! I am glad that you got it all done in time. There is no way I could have pulled that off. It was fun to see you! Love ya!